The people who use our boards.281 interviews since 2018
The people who use our boards.
Shawn ChamblessSoftware Enginner - Seattle, WA
Who are you, and what do you do?
What hardware do you use?
- Laptop: 15” MBP - 2.9 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB 2133 MHz DDR3 memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB, 500 GB SSD
- Desk: Your average office desk with a Varidesk on top of it.
- Monitor Setup: Two 27” Dell monitors
- Mouse: Alienware Mouse
- Headphones: Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II’s
- Webcam: Logitech C920
I’ve never had a laptop with more than 4 cores and I’m not sure I can go back now! The tools I use are pretty resource-intensive, and having the extra horsepower and threads to handle the workload has been pretty luxurious.
I’ve become spoiled having two large monitors to work on. At home I have one 27” monitor, and feel so restricted by the lack of a second.
My mouse was a birthday gift from my wife, and I absolutely love it. The clicks are so crisp, and the adjustability of it is game-changing for me.
I work in a fairly open office, so noise-cancelling headphones are a must-have to block out background noise.
And what software?
- IDEs: WebStorm, IntelliJ-Idea, DataGrip, Microsoft’s Azure Data Studio
- Browsers: Chrome, FireFox
- Music/Podcasts: Spotify
- Communication: Slack, Jitsi Meet, Zoom
What’s your keyboard setup like? Do you use a custom layout or custom keycaps?
Black keyboard with printed keycaps, tilt/tent kit, LED lights, and Cherry MX-Clear switches. I love a good clicky keyswitch, but I also enjoy not being hated by my coworkers.
The clear switches provide a nice amount of feedback and the heavier keypress is really satisfying. The layout is based on the default graphical configurator layout with a couple of keys moved around.
At this point, I can’t remember what I changed - hopefully I never have to reprogram the keys!
What would be your dream setup?
My keyboard and mouse are already pretty dreamy.